Paper from Facebook
Storytelling has never been made more easier.
With the growing popularity of the internet and digital media in the past decade, we have seen a surge in content publishing platforms and social networks. The evolution of storytelling or how we create new compelling stories, share them or engage with others has forever been transformed by our ability to remain in constant contact with our friends, family and networks.
From blogs to Medium, tools to help us express ourselves have made this easier. However, this has cause a certain disconnect in our lives as we all struggle to manage to ongoing flow of new stories published by the people in our networks.
Facebook Creative Labs will soon release PAPER, a new App that lets you “Explore and share stories from
friends and the world around you.”
According to Facebook, Paper combines news articles, videos and photos your friends share on Facebook with human-curated content from traditional news outletsÂ like The New York Times, Â TIME Magazine orÂ The Huffington Post.
Hereâ€™s from Facebook:
Paper is the first product from Facebook Creative Labs, where weâ€™re crafting new apps to support the diverse ways people want to connect and share.
Here, a few highlights:
- Everything responds to your touch so you can pick up or thumb through stories with simple, natural movements
- You can tilt your phone to explore high-resolution panoramic photos from corner to corner, and see faces and other important details up close
- Fullscreen autoplay videos come to life and bring you deep into the action
- Beautifully detailed covers make it easy to spot articles from trusted publishers and decide what to read or watch.Â· Articles unfold in the app and appear fullscreen for a focused reading experience
- When youâ€™re ready to tell your own story, you know exactly what your post or photo will look like because you see a live preview before you share it
Watch the official Facebook video
Check outÂ Facebook.com/paperÂ to learn more
What do you think about the app so far? Will you be trying Â Paper when it is released next Monday?